Monday, November 09, 2009

Why blog?

Lately, I've been wondering about my own motivations for blogging and pondering if I should continue. There are thousands, perhaps millions, of blogs out there, and each has its own reason for existing.

Some people blog because they've made a business of it. Some people blog to share interesting news or tips. Some blog because they love food. Some people blog to keep friends and family updated on their kids. Some people blog to express anger without having to talk to someone face-to-face. Some people blog to offer reviews of restaurants, books, etc. Some people blog to share their hobbies. Some people blog with pictures. Some blog just for fun.

So the question is: why do you blog?

And, out of curiosity, why do you read this blog?

Just some blog thinking on a Monday morning...

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I have to say, Tiffany, that your link to Sam's blog is pretty hurtful. I suggest that you talk to him face-to-face about your feelings.

Sam said...

Wow. Ouch.

TT said...

I'm sorry it was hurtful. I know someone else who is extremely hurt by the original post I linked to. I would be happy to talk about it all, face-to-face, with both of you. I think that more talking--and less blogging--needs to happen.

Margie said...

TT, thanks for the links! I started my blog for the writing practice, but now, blog because it's a great way of sharing geek and productivity tips with folks who find that sort of stuff interesting.

I read your blog to keep up with you and your Nashvegas adventures now that I've moved away.

I enjoy the sincerity of your posts, which brings me to my next point: you should know that you are one of the kindest people I know.

I miss you terribly, so I hope you'll keep blogging because it gives me another way to keep keeping up with your sweet soul.