Friday, February 22, 2008

Lucille

I love surprises.

I mean, L-O-V-E.

And last night, I got a totally fabulous birthday surprise.

I don't have a picture of it yet...but Todd bought me...

A BIKE!

I'm so excited. It's a hybrid road bike/mountain bike, but it has that very cool retro style that makes it seem like it should also have a little wire basket on the front with flowers in it. And it is a gorgeous shade of blue...kind of like the Tiffany blue (very appropriate), but slightly darker in shade and sparkly metallic.

It--is--gorgeous.

I named her Lucille, but I'm calling her Lucy Blue. And I can't wait to go tootin' around East Nashville with her.

As soon as I figure out how.

Ok, so I know how to ride a bike...I just haven't been on one since I was, oh, twelve. And that bike didn't have a lot of gears--and this one has 21 speeds. And, as many of you know, my balance is iffy at best. So, I think I have a bit of practice to do before I take ol' Lucy Blue out on any main roads.

So, if you see me wobbling down the road atop a beautiful set of wheels, just wave...and well, you might also want to get out of the way.

But, I can't wait! :)

1 comment:

"Jeneric" said...

So, it is only fitting that the birthday buddies get the same gift for their birthdays!!! :-)