Wednesday, February 06, 2008

say hello to my little friend...


Meet my new boyfriend, Mr. Heart Monitor. He and I are literally going to be attached at the hip--and the heart-- for the next 30 days. He goes to work with me, he joins me at my Y classes, he sleeps with me (he just doesn't get to go in the shower with me...I mean, there has to be some modesty, right?)

My cardiologist is trying to figure out why I've been having these panic-attack types of heart palpitations recently (which are particularly disturbing when they jolt me from a perfectly good sleep at 2 in the morning). So, he assigned Mr. Heart Monitor to hang out with me for a month and record my inner-workings.

It definitely feels a little awkward walking around with wires hanging out of my sweater...and Mr. Monitor also has a tendency to beep at inopportune times...not to mention his little white flashing light that turns into a beacon whenever I step into a dark room. I also find that I really want to use words like "stat" and "I concur" and "Give me 10 cc's of diet dr. pepper" when I'm wearing him.


But, despite his oddities, it's good to have a little sidekick watching out for me. :)

1 comment:

Margie said...

He's hot. The other girls at the gym are going to be soooo jealous.

I hope they find out what is wrong with your sweet little heart!

M