Wednesday, June 18, 2008

i do my little turn on the katwalk

It's official. Ya'll, I just found a new place to feed my shoe addiction.

And you know I only break out the "ya'll" when I'm really excited.

As many of my friends know, I have been a frequent shopper at "Shoe Time", which I lovingly refer to as the ghetto shoe mart. It's a tiny storefront in a strip mall on Gallatin Road, right next to the Save-a-Lot. And it has been my go-to place for cheap, unique shoes.

However, for the last few weeks, their blinking neon "open" sign has been darkened. There still appears to be inventory inside, so everytime I drive by, I think "maybe today...maybe they've just been on vacation...maybe they did a huge, 4-week restocking extravaganza." Yet, nothing.

But then, the other day, I noticed something.

Down the street about a block, on the other side of the road, a new shoe store has opened. Enter, Katwalk Shoes. My curiosity got the better of me, so yesterday, I went in to explore.

Ladies, it is a bright and shiny shoe mecca. The Gallatin Road version of Off Broadway.

Need some pink leopard-print kicks? Oh yeah, they got 'em.

Want a lime green pair of stilettos, with a metallic heel? Right here, aisle 2.

How about some sandals that make it look like a bejeweled serpent is slithering up your foot? Yep. In three colors, no less.

Ok, so there may be quite a few shoes in here that you would never really purchase, unless you have a hot date on Dickerson Pike later, but there are a plethora of cute shoes in the mix as well.

And the best part? None of them are over $20.

So, my exploring adventure quickly turned into a purchasing adventure, and I walked out with some strappy sandals with a tall cork wedge heel that make me about 6-foot-5 when I wear them. Absolutely fabulous.

And as I checked out, the very nice sales girl let me know that they get in new inventory every Monday.

Katwalk Tuesdays, anyone? I see a tradition beginning...

No comments: