Monday, February 09, 2009

2009 continues its malevolent march

Today marked the passing of my aunt, Mrs. Barbara Posey. I wish that I could say that she lived a long and healthy life, but she was only 66 years old, and she spent the last 6 years dealing with dimentia and other after-effects of multiple strokes. She will be sorely missed, although in the midst of the sadness, there is thankfulness that she is no longer suffering.

I don't know why, but when I remember her, I always think of her laughing. I think that she laughed a lot when the whole family got together. Her family was her world.

During these last few years, when her mind wasn't working well, she would often call my mom and have the same conversation, every time. She wanted to go to Hawaii. She was terrified of flying, but she didn't care. She wanted to go to Hawaii, and she wanted to take mom with her.

So, Aunt Barbara, for you, I hope that heaven looks a whole lot like Hawaii.

Much love to you, and may you rest in peace.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

so sorry to hear about your aunt, tt. we're thinking about you and your family.

Unknown said...

glad you can think of her as laughing - what a pleasant memory.

i, too, hope that heaven and hawaii have much in common for your aunt.

Kimberly said...

My sincere condolences. You're in my thoughts.

TT said...

Thank you all for your sweet words of sympathy.

Erica said...

I hate to hear about your aunt, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, much love!