Monday, April 20, 2009

curb your enthusiasm

So last week I blogged about my passion for food, my voracious appetite, and my distaste for dieting.

And now, I may have to eat my words.

You see, I had a humbling experience over the weekend (and by "humbling experience" I actually mean a complete and total meltdown that involved alligator tears, blotchy red cry-face, and clothing being hurled at the mirror), and it made me realize that I'm going to have to cut back a little on my consumption. Or else my clothes closet is going to turn into a non-functional art installation entitled "Smallness that Mocks Me." Of course, Todd's response to my lament was "But isn't it a good thing to get to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe???" Ah, my sweet, sweet husband.

So, starting today, a few things are going to happen.
1. I am going to start exercising much more regularly. I might even invest in this program--I've heard some pretty good reviews.
2. I am going to cut back on my portion sizes.
3. I am going to alter my diet slightly, limiting myself to the following things:
* fruits and vegetables
* fish
* a very small amount of cheese/dairy
* non-gluten grains

And maybe, if I stick to this, it will be safe for the full-length mirror and I to see each other again...

2 comments:

Margie said...

Well, I think you are beautiful :)

TT said...

M- You are always so sweet and encouraging. I adore your positivity, and I'm so going to miss you!