Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Did I mention?

I'm pregnant--we're pretty sure it's twins.
We just adopted two cats and a kangaroo.
We sold the house--don't know where we're gonna live.
Todd might take a job in Kalamazoo.

I had a great big steak for lunch.
There was a bomb threat today at school.
I won the lottery--I have a hunch.
Oh, and of course...April Fool!

This was a total rip-off (and a feeble one at that) of Shel Silverstein's piece:

Oh Have You Heard
Oh have you heard it’s time for vaccinations?
I think someone put salt into your tea.
They’re giving us eleven-month vacations.
And Florida has sunk into the sea.

Oh have you heard the President has measles?
The principal has just burned down the school.
Your hair is full of ants and purple weasels—
APRIL FOOL!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

the first two words had me, if just for a millisecond. (and only because i'm reading this on 4/2 after i'd let my april fools' guard down.)

TT said...

That's funny. I hadn't thought about it, but you could probably fool a lot of people on April 2nd.