Monday, February 22, 2010

two T's is two 3's

I love birthdays. Seriously. I don't quite understand people who dread their birthdays or refuse to celebrate them. The way I see it, I've been blessed with another full year of life, and I'm going to celebrate the heck out of it. Another year? Bring it on. I will happily wear it like a badge of honor.

Whenever my birthday falls on a Monday, I take it as an excuse to celebrate the entire weekend before--a full Friday-through-Monday birthday extravaganza. And it helped that this weekend held some of the most glorious weather Nashville has seen in the past few months.

(soaking up the bee-yoo-tiful Saturday afternoon, lying on the front porch swing, sipping wine, and wearing my new birthday kicks.)

It was a fabulous weekend that included bowling, a European spa facial, pedicures, margaritas at Rosepepper, dinner at Allium, a bonfire, and lots of relaxing...and it culminated in a super-duper surprise party at the skating rink.

Thank you to my wonderful husband and fabulous friends and family who contributed to make this birthday extra-special. I love you all!

2 comments:

Margie said...

Happy Birthday, darling! And I love the new kicks.

TT said...

Thanks! And can you believe that I actually bought some completely flat shoes? It's like a whole new era. :)