Wednesday, May 19, 2010

this is when those touch-typing lessons come in handy

Right now, I can't even see what I'm typing.

I lost a contact lens this morning at work, and it was only then that I realized how smart it would have been to have stored a back-up set somewhere in my office (they always say that hindsight is 20/20. Haha! That seems especially appropriate here.) Because my vision is so poor, I had to take the other lens out as well--otherwise I would be walking around all day feeling like I have some sort of crazy vertigo.

So how blind am I? Let's just say that the font on my computer screen has to be THIS BIG* in order for me to read it while sitting here (without having to lean in really close). And those letters are actually still really blurry to me, but I can at least tell what the words are.

I had to get a coworker to tell me if the goopy stuff on the salad bar was tuna salad or chicken salad. And it turns out that the squash casserole I thought I was dishing onto my plate was actually corn casserole. Still good, though. (Ironically, we usually have a lunch menu, but today was "What You See is What You Get." Haha! Joke's on me.)

So, I'll be sitting here, squinting at my screen, trying to identify the people who walk past my office (I think that one was a man), attempting not to eat meat accidentally, and probably sending emails with lots of typos in them...until my husband comes to take me home from work. (Lord knows I can't drive myself like this. I'd be up under a semi truck before I even realized it was in front of me.)

Maybe now is a good time to consider Lasik.

*For some reason, when my post publishes, this font doesn't show up as big as it does in the composing phase. So just imagine that those words are in font size 72.

No comments: