Monday, November 19, 2007

thanksgiving

So for the first time in my life, I am hosting the Thanksgiving Gluttony Extravanganza at my house. This should be extremely interesting because:

1) I am a vegetarian and have never cooked a turkey in my life, but I now have a 12 pound butterball sitting in my fridge, just waiting for the basting to begin.
2) There are 7 people coming for dinner. I only own 6 plates that match, 6 forks (total), and a table that seats, you guessed it, 6.
3) About 80% of my recipes require cooking in the oven. My oven is small, and will mostly be inhabited by the aforementioned 12-lb turkey. This is where being an engineer might come in handy.
4) The entire time I am running around my tiny kitchen cooking, I will be followed around by this monster, just waiting for me to drop something:


(please note the remnants of whatever-he-chewed-up-last still dangling from his lip)

Yes, it is going to be an interesting day. I will try to remember to take pictures to document and share.

No comments: