Thursday, January 31, 2008

why i heart my friends

...because even though we are technically "adults"--we still do silly things like dress up crazy and go roller-skating on a Sunday night:

The rule was, you had to wear tie-dyed clothing, or else everyone could knock you down. As you can see, I made sure I was well protected (hey, I fall down easily enough on my own--I definitely don't need help in that area!)

I was quite proud of my Goodwill find: a t-shirt that was literally tie-dyed to look like Santa's head. A little out of season, but far too fabulous to pass up.

It was a blast, and we discovered an entire roller-skating sub-culture that I had no idea existed. We thought Sunday-night-adult-night at the skating rink would be a ghost town, but it was positively packed. And I mean, those people could skate. We're talking "Boogie Nights" meets "ATL" kind of moves. The dozen of us in our tie-dyed glory definitely stood out like...well, like big, rookie dorks.

Yep, that's me trying to find my own groove. I honestly can't imagine why I haven't been recruited by the Nashville Rollergirls yet...

Good times.

No comments: