Monday, August 18, 2008

mourning the end of summer

Events of the day so far:

*woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't fall back to sleep because I was too busy worrying about all of the things that need to be accomplished this week
*finally got out of bed at 6 a.m., showered quickly, begrudgingly put on dressy clothes and heels, and scarfed down a piece of pizza on my way out the door, in order to make it to work by 7 a.m. and prep for a morning meeting
*got stuck in terrible traffic between campuses
*had 190 emails that I had to process and respond to (due to my previous week off)
*scheduled three more meetings for the week, bringing the weekly total to 7 meetings
*was informed that scheduling has changed, and now things that I thought I had at least 6 weeks to finish now have to be done in 2 to 3 weeks
*realized that I triple-booked myself on Wednesday, without figuring out how to be 3 places at once

Yep, school is definitely back in session, and I can already tell it's gonna be an interesting year...

1 comment:

The Angry Gnome said...

I am teaching again, so I know your pain.