Friday, August 01, 2008

revenge of the cheese

I love cheese, but cheese does not always love me. So, I have to be careful. I've found that it's best if I limit my cheese consumption to small portions. But sometimes, I can't help myself.

Today, the lunchroom served up pizza, salad, and fried mozzarella sticks. I'm not a big fan of the flat, rectangular school-cafeteria-style pizza, so I supplemented my salad with a half-dozen golden delicious mozzarella sticks.

Oh yum.

And then, oh god.

Let's just say it's been a rough afternoon. But, it has inspired a haiku:

ate six fried cheese sticks
now I'm a salad shooter-
lactose intolerance


Hey, it's Friday-- goofy inappropriateness is totally allowed.

3 comments:

The Angry Gnome said...

One too many syllables.

TT said...

Shoot. You're right. I ended up with 6 in that last line. I hate it when I think I'm being really clever, and then it turns out that I'm actually not. I'm going to blame it on Friday afternoon brain drain.

The Angry Gnome said...

But you do get points for the attempt at a haiku about lactose intolerance. Kudos.