Monday, November 24, 2008

'tis the season

Things that I am thankful for:

* A close, caring family
* A loving husband
* Friends who make me laugh
* Friends who keep me honest
* A job that I enjoy
* A paycheck that sufficiently supports my lifestyle
* Two puppies that entertain me
* Good health


Ok, I hear you...it's a pretty freakin' generic list. Let's see if I can elaborate a tad:

I am thankful that, when I wake up in the morning, I can be excited about a new day. I am thankful that the first thing that greets me in the morning is love in the form of puppy kisses. I am thankful that I can meet friends for an invigorating workout that makes me feel healthy and strong. I am thankful that I don't dread going to work. I am thankful that I get free lunch at school...but that if I want to go out and eat, I can go just about anywhere I want without worrying about what it costs. I am thankful that I get to come home to three funny boys that keep life interesting. I am thankful that I can pay my bills every month. I am thankful that I have a house that feels like a home. I am thankful that I have my own Cheers, where I can always find a friend. I am thankful that my weekends are times of freedom, to be enjoyed as I please. I am thankful that I can travel. I am thankful that I get to spend this holiday with family--and that I know it will be a time of fun and not a time of stress. I am thankful for a mom who calls every week to check on me. I am thankful that I very rarely have bad news to share with her. I am thankful that--even if I do have bad times--I have a huge support system of friends and family to help me through them.

And, in writing this post, I am thankful that my mind is flooded with so many reasons to be thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and all the best to you and yours.

No comments: