Tuesday, June 30, 2009

writing my recs

I have used this blog more than once to talk about some of my negative experiences with businesses, so I thought I would try to balance things out and offer a couple of glowing recommendations.

Since I just posted a picture of my fun new haircut, I will start off by showing some love to my fabuloso hairstylist, Eve. Eve is absolutely magnificent. Very rarely have I been to a stylist whom I trusted enough to say "Do whatever you think will look best." But with Eve, no worries. She definitely knows hair--she knows what cuts will work with specific hair textures; she can make cowlics behave; she will shoot straight with you and let you know if what you are asking for won't work on you; she won't try to push the expensive Aveda products on you, but will recommend what you could use instead. In short, she rocks. You can find Eve at Bishops Salon in the Bellevue area of Nashville.

Also in relation to a recent post, I would highly recommend my general practitioner, Dr. Christopher Peterson. After 14 years of living in Nashville and just going to minute clinics when illnesses would arise, I finally decided it was time for me to find a primary care physician. I picked Dr. Peterson randomly out of a Humana network providers list, and boy, did I luck out. He is a very nice guy, and he takes his time with his patients. He asks good questions, listens well, and has helpful answers and effective solutions. And I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes past my appointment time to see him, which is also a big plus in my book. He can be found at Heritage Medical Associates in the Bellevue office.

And yes, I realize that both of these people I have recommended are in Bellevue, which some would consider to be about as convenient as East Africa, but trust me...in my opinion, they are worth the drive.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

that's ok, j-p and i already drive to st. thomas for all of our health care needs.

any chance you have a dentist worth his or her salt?

TT said...

I don't have any complaints with the dentist I've been seeing the last two years--his name is Dr. David Pittman, and his office is over near Baptist Hospital. Let me know if you need a phone #.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendations, I'm new to Nashville and don't have many connections yet. Who would you recommend for an obgyn?