Wednesday, January 09, 2008

confused

I'm a little confused by Weight Watcher's new ad campaign, "Diets Don't Work. Weight Watcher's Does." Ummm...so maybe I'm completely mistaken, but, isn't Weight Watchers, oh, I don't know...a diet??? On Weight Watchers, you restrict your food, you count points (instead of counting, say, calories or fat grams or carbs), and your end goal of doing all of that is to lose weight. Isn't that kind of the definition of a diet? Hmm.

Maybe they are just trying to set themselves apart from all of the other methods of dieting, but I don't know...it doesn't quite work for me. I'm going to have to call a spade a spade...

I'm wondering how long it's going to take people to realize that having a healthy body is simply the result of living a healthy lifestyle...eating food that's good for you and staying active. It's that simple...no diet pills/fad diets/drastic surgeries required.

1 comment:

"Jeneric" said...

AH Weight Watchers. I'll be honest with everyone here, I am doing it. I too was skeptical about their marketing...but in reality, it really isn't much of a diet, simply teaching you a different way to look at normal food. It's a lifestyle that has research behind it to support it as a way of life. It is the only weight loss program approved and recommended by doctors-and best of all, I think it is something I could do the rest of my life to maintain :-) By the way, it's good to keep up on this blog!!!!