Tuesday, January 22, 2008

left behind

I've always heard that 30 is the age when your metabolism goes on permanent vacation and everything else begins its slow trek of shifting southward. But, is it also the age when your mind decides suddenly that storage space is limited and starts tossing out memory with reckless abandon?

In the advent of my 30's, I have become...forgetful. In the last month, I have managed to leave the following items at various friends' houses:

* my blue fleece jacket
* a camera case (I remembered the camera, but somehow forgot the case)
* a necklace
* sunglasses
* my peacoat

And we won't even start on how many times I have misplaced things within my own house. At least I'm getting a little extra exercise while walking around in circles trying to find things (so that should help with the metabolism factor, eh?)

Maybe I need to start playing memory games to sharpen my mind...or perhaps buy stock in ginkgo biloba. I turn another year older next month, and I can't afford to lose much more brain function here...

Of course, give me another year, and I'll probably forget that I was ever even worried... :)

1 comment:

"Jeneric" said...

Get a Wii and buy My Word Coach :-) It will help keep your mind working!!!