Monday, January 14, 2008

resolute

It's always a little intimidating to put your personal New Year's resolutions out to the world, because then, well, you have a whole bunch of people who can hold you accountable. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment, because here I go...

For 2008, I hereby resolve:

* To live a lower-carb lifestyle (ok, so this isn't exactly new, just a carry-over from December)
* To read more
* To do better on saving money (and specifically, to pay off my school loans--finally!)
* To get back involved with a church (I was quite a slacker on church attendance in 2007)
* To exercise at least 3-4 times a week (again, kind of a carry-over from last year)

And finally, I think my most favoritest resolution of all...
* To do one new service project every month

I'm pretty psyched about that last one, and I have my first project lined up tomorrow evening...I'm going to play bingo with cancer patients at the Hope Lodge. I haven't played bingo in ages, so it will be fun...but I expect that it will also be a very humbling experience as well. I also went ahead and lined up my next two month's projects--so I will try to remember to keep you updated on how they go.

So, there they are...feel free to check in and ask me how I'm doing :)

No comments: