Thursday, April 17, 2008

does this mean I am nervous?

Last night, I dreamed that I was running a 1/2 marathon.

Inside a zoo.

It wasn't specifically the Nashville Zoo, just a generic zoo that also seemed slightly like an amusement park. And kind of dark and creepy as well.

In my dream, the race begins, and I am almost immediately separated from my running partners. So I just keep running, and before I know it, I am quite obviously off-course. (Apparently, it wasn't a very popular 1/2 marathon, because there weren't obvious throngs of runners that I could just follow). So I am running around alone, trying to locate a park worker with a map in order to figure out where I am supposed to be (again, not a very well-staffed race here in my dream). I finally get a map, which turns out to be utterly confusing--as many zoo maps are, or maybe, just as most maps are to me--so I keep running without any real direction.

By the time I get back on course, I have already run 15+ miles, and I am exhausted and have to stop and walk, even though the finish line is now in view. So I am angry at myself, because if I had stayed on course, I easily could have run the entire race (and then some), and I am also mad because I have no idea what my real time is, since I took such an insane detour.

Sigh. A week and a half out from the race, and I'm already having crazy dreams. I think my subconscious is nervous...

1 comment:

Sam said...

It's because your running/training partners are BEASTS!