Tuesday, April 01, 2008

unreal

First step of overcoming an addiction? Admitting that you are addicted.

(Deep breath)

I am addicted to "reality" shows.

I don't really mean to be, but I can't help myself. Give me a few minutes of watching the terrible, slightly-yet-badly-scripted drama unfold among a completely incompatible group of actor wannabes grasping for those 15 minutes of fame, and I am hooked.

I'm doing a little better, though, as I have drastically limited the number of these shows that I watch. In fact, I only have one guilty pleasure now--which is probably one of the guiltiest of them all--Big Brother 9. Please don't judge me. Hey, I'm obviously not the only one who has this problem, if they have managed to air nine seasons already. (yes, this is me trying to justify my bad habit with the argument "but everyone is doing it". Apparently, I still utilize the same arguing skills that I used when I was eight.)

However, tonight is the new season of Hell's Kitchen, and I will unashamedly be adding it to my roster of regularly watched shows. Drama + food + Gordon Ramsay = good times.

Not all addiction is bad, right?

No comments: