Monday, April 21, 2008

stories

If you know me, you know that I love a good story. And if you have been to my house, you know that I love StoryPeople. I own 8 of the prints, and will likely someday buy one (or more) of the sculptures.

As a member of the mailing list, I receive the "Story of the Day" email, and it's like getting a smile in my inbox every day. I particularly liked one recent offering, called "Lost in Translation":

"There are some days when no matter what I say it feels like I'm far away in another country & whoever is doing the translating has had far too much to drink."

To check out more stories, you can visit the StoryPeople website--but watch out, browsing the stories is quite addictive, so don't say I didn't warn you.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Do you listen to StoryCorps on NPR? Oh my god. So good. Here's a recent one that I loved.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TT said...

M- Wow. That was fantastic. Thanks for sharing!